Frequently Asked Questions
Center for Academic Student Achievement (CASA)
- How much is this tutoring service going to cost me?
- Tutoring is absolutely free. You paid for this service when you paid
your tuition and fees. Take advantage of your student fees and visit us.
- Do I have to be enrolled in TAMUCC to receive tutoring services from CASA?
- Yes. This service is only available to students currently
enrolled in courses at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Do I need to make an appointment to see a tutor?
- Usually you do not have to make an appointment, most of our tutoring
is done on a walk-in basis. If you are going to see a writing consultant,
CASA highly recommends that you make an appointment to avoid having to
wait for these services. Writing tutoring is done in half hour sessions,
and are usually one on one. Keep in mind that certain times of the
semester are especially busy for our tutors, such as midterms and finals weeks, appointments should be made accordingly.
- Am I required to sign in?
- Yes, you must sign in to use any of the services offered by the
CASA. We have sign-in computers located within the center and the
labs. Our sign-in software is secure and CASA will keep your information
- Can I receive tutoring for non-course based subjects, like
preparing for the GRE or Accuplacer?
- Absolutely. While normally tutors help students with specific
coursework subjects, you can always see them for related material and
let them help you strengthen your skills before taking a standardized
- Are tutoring services available on weekends?
- Tutoring services are usually available on Sundays. The specific
subjects and times may vary from semester to semester. Check our
schedules for more information, or call CASA at 825-5933.
- Can tutors help me with classes I'm taking at other colleges?
- No. Even if you are enrolled at TAMUCC, the tutors cannot help you
with coursework from other colleges like Del Mar. There is no way for our center to keep up with the texts and material from other institutions.